OPAL 1.3.2 Release Notes
- The package can be installed wherever you want. Let's name this directory
- change your working directory to
- Un-tar the package
tar xf OPAL-1.3.2-1-XXX.tar.bz2
- Source the OPAL shell profile. For the time being only sh-like shells are supported.
- Now you are ready to run opal, opal converter tools and the visualization tool H5root.
MPI is included in the OPAL package. If you want to run OPAL with MPI, be sure to use the MPI utilities shipped with OPAL!
The OPAL package for Linux has been compiled on ScientificLinux 6. It should run on almost all current Linux distribution and has been successfully tested on:
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 6, ScientificLinux 6, CentOS 6
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 7, ScientificLinux 7, CentOS 7
- Ubuntu 12
- Ubuntu 14
- OpenSUSE 12
- OpenSUSE 13
The following libraries (which are usually installed by default, even on very lean systems) are required:
glibc 2.12or newer
libncurses 5.7or newer
libz 1.2.3or newer
Mac OS X
The OPAL package for Mac OS X has been compiled and tested on Mac OS X 10.9. There are no additional requirements like the accelerator framework. The package has been tested on
- Mac OS X 10.9
- Mac OS X 10.10